Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Leadership and Vision

I saw a segment on television that featured "Pag-Pag".

The story talks about Filipino families eating left-over foods searched from dumpsites. And this is not a 'once-in-a-lifetime' experience for them, but a day-to-day reality. I would not expound on the story but would tell you why its titled pag-pag: It's because they had to 'pag-pag' the food before cooking to remove the worms.

The story troubled me so much that I wanted all the Filipinos to know about it. I would share it whenever I am invited to speak about leadership and social change, and even share the story with friends.

The story is important because it pictures the kind of leadership we have at the moment: one that does not have a vision. Who would care of GNPs and GDPs when more and more Filipinos are living worsening lives.

Where is this country going?

I will write my reflections on this in the coming days.

Sana ay nagulo ko rin kayo... dahil sa ganitong paraan, ang bagong kaalaman ay tiyak na makakamtan.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home